Wednesday, August 31, 2005

I'm pretty grumpy when I get less than 8 hours of sleep. And for reasons we'll discuss soon, that would be me today. Yep. Grumpy. G-R-U-M-P-Y. I understand that this is not really fair for parties not causing my grumpiness, (Drew) so I'll make a concerted effort to be nice to him despite the fact that I am a grump. I'm also going to make a concerted effort to take a nap!

I don't know what was wrong with my child, my baby last night. But good grief, he would not go to sleep! He woke up at about 11 and wouldn't go back down until, oh, probably after 2. I tried everything- nursing him, nursing him in bed. He completely drained me and then he would still not go to sleep. At this point I was rather tired and frustrated. I also get grumpy when someone interferes with my being able to go to bed. Fortunately for the kiddo, hubby stepped in. Then he really tried everything. Rice cereal, new diaper, rocking, you name it, he tried it. Finally, the only thing left to do was let him cry himself to sleep, which took a good half hour- but it worked. I hate letting my kids go to bed this way, but we were outta options. And of course, this morning, Drew was up at the butt crack of dawn, bright with "I wants!" Now he is running around the house making every loud noise he can possibly think of. I'm going to see if I can find anything to pacify his fidgety-ness on the boob tube and then put Beau on the boob and try to get a little morning nap. Wish me luck.

Dreaming of Sleep, Sarah

1 Comments:

Blogger pretendingsanity said...

ha ha, look at your google ads


"sleepless in colorado?" funny.

here's to more sleep tonight.

and p.s. it's ok to let them cry a bit.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home