Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Revelations

I've been pretty gritchy the last three weeks, some might even say "hard to live with." And while I know what some of the major issues were that were causing said, "gritchiness" it dawned on me tonight as I was headed off to my pottery class that the amount of time I had spent in cranky mode matched the amount of weeks I'd been without my pottery class. Hhmmm. Coincidence, I think not. I didn't realize just how much of an effect getting out to do something all by myself, having other adult/human contact, and having a creative outlet on my mood was. Boy if I had two "Sarah" hours to myself every night- my personality might change from kind of melancholy/serious to like happy-go-lucky or something, and I might learn to talk in full sentences again! No, but really, just for the sake of the people who might of said I was "hard to live with" I think I need to definitely keep the pottery class or something like it on my schedule indefinitely, and maybe add a night or a Saturday here and there. Just does wonders for my mood. How nice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sometimes you just need that break away from kids and household things. I can understand that I used to be the same way when I would miss a tanning session, I needed that 20 minutes of nothing but me time.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

Adult conversation and complete sentences, those are two things I crave and I can pretty grumpy if I don't get them. I'm glad you found your niche.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you have discovered this truth and made application early on in your life.

10:06 AM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

speak in complete sentences? what's next, thinking complete thoughts? not sure if that's possible...

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home