Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas Surprise!

Well, it's December 26th, and I hope all of you out there had a nice holiday-whichever it is that you celebrated or are celebrating. My Christmas was quite a bit of fun. We had a lot of family over to our place which translates into a lot of work, so I felt like I was constantly cleaning and straightening up and putting away and getting out. Unfortunately, Beau seemed to be suffering from either a cold or just a hell day of cutting teeth. Thanks to my mom and dad for cuddling him for several hours so I could be a hostess. I still ended up opening my presents while he was nursing. (You'd be surprised what you can do with a kid attached to you!) And opening presents: herein lies the story of the day... So I'm sitting there watching my hubby play Santa and hand everyone their gifts. Everyone is reading their tags, and tearing the wrapping paper looking at what they uncovered and giving thanks to their givers. I hadn't had a present handed to me yet, and I thought my sister must have noticed I'd been forgotten, because she jumped up and handed me my present from her and Jeremiah. When she handed it to me she made sure that the tag was facing me and that I read it. She had a funny look on her face. She sits down and I look at my tag: it says "To: Aunt Sarah" and that is as far as I get. I think to myself, I'm not an aunt...then I scream, "ARE YOU GUYS PREGNANT!" and she nods "yes." Then of course all the family members in between insert their own exclamations and there is much commotion and excitement. Yes, Ariel and Jeremiah are in fact going to have a baby! Wow! So there you have it, one of the best Christmas gifts, I finally get to be the aunt. Something to add to my "woman" resume. I'm so happy and excited for her. It hasn't quite settled in my mind yet, that my sister is going to have a baby- so every once in a while I have to giggle with anticipation. She should be due around the end of August.
Later on I discovered that she learned this news on the Tuesday before Christmas. She had to endure my mother and I dragging her all over town to do the Christmas food shopping before she could get home to tell her hubby... Sorry, Ariel! Then she kept it in through a Wednesday of rehearsing Christmas songs (for a little Christmas album we recorded-nothing special) and the Thursday of recording them. She told our sister, Hannah on Thursday, because it was her birthday and....and she just happens to be a labor and delivery nurse. Had I checked her blog...I would have been suspiscious.

So from now on, I'm sure you'll read plenty of my driveling about her pregnancy and so on...I'll try not to be too boring.
Here are a few shots from our Christmas day...





Yes, that is wrapping paper on my head...





The tired pregnant woman.





Intently working with the playdough...the pursed lips are his concentration look.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey I like your wrapping paper hat lol

6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, is Hannah still blond, or have all three of you gone prematurely brunette?
cher

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to REL. what is the meaning of jill's comment?

9:42 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Jill-I think I may join the pregnant club again some day, as my heart still longs for a girl, but I'm just not ready for that yet...

Cher-as far as I know- Hannah is still a natural redhead, although- she helps out her natural curls with a perm once in a while. And the meaning of Jills comment...I'm not pregnant! If that is what you are asking...though I think many would like me to be ; )

11:07 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

That's so exciting about Ariel! She's the third person I know due in August! Maybe there is something in the water!

11:20 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

yeah! happy pregnancy! my brother and his wife had their first baby this year, and it's been so neat to have a niece of my very own!!

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home