Saturday, December 31, 2005

Thinking About Resolutions...

I think everybody makes some sort of New Years resolution. Even if you don't write out yours on a piece of paper or declare it loudly to all your friends and family, almost everyone looks at the new year and thinks about ways to change it and make it better than the last. I know next year I definitely have some things I'd like to do and not do, new things I'd like to try, goals I'd like to achieve, children I'd like to avoid creating...
So here is a list of some of my resolutions, in no particular order:

-Cut waaay down on the TV watching-the watching my kids do and the watching I do (I watched "The Cable Guy" last night and it really freaked me out!)
-I want to make good choices on the TV we do watch.
-I'd like to spend a lot more time creating things this year, whether it be knitting, pottery, drawing, beading or new recipes...I just really want to be productive.
-I want to learn how to make a basic website.
-I want to be active more: go on more walks and hikes, maybe start riding my bike again, jumping on the trampoline, and snowboarding (!!)
-I want to read more, and I especially want to read my Bible more!
-I want to manage our finances better and more tightly- yeah I know, how many people's new years res it to be a "tight wad" (LOL!)
-I want to be a better parent, not get frustrated with my kids, not manipulate, not yell. Be more affectionate and fun and less disciplinarian (not to stop discipline, mind you, I just feel like some days all I do is discipline Drew...and I'd like that to change.)
-I want to be a better wife.
(Not that I'm horrible at the last too, I'm actually pretty good, but I think there is always room for improvement.)

So we'll have to see how I do with this list- it'll be fun to actually have a record and be able to check back and look and see what kind of progress I've made.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo! Bravo! You go girl!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a good list. I have started thinking about mine. I don't normally declare them loudly but write them down for myself.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

Excellent goals! They are definetly achievable.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

And... Happy New Year!

1:45 PM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Happy New Year!

That's a good list. I do like the productive part... you are so very crafty.

10:42 PM  
Blogger k8 said...

sounds like we have alot in common.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Great resolutions...it sounds like you thought of every important area of your life!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home