Monday, April 03, 2006

Explanations.

Well. Now that I am back I am really glad I had a little vacation. I didn't think about any of my weekly duties while I was gone, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Many thanks to my mom, sister and brother-in-law and his sister and parents for helping me out with the boys last week, I felt like I got a break from the mom role as well. (My sister is blessed with wonderful in-laws, just like me!) I didn't realize how badly I needed a break and how much it would help, until I settled back into The Routine today. Talk about stress. However, I was able to handle things with a little more tolerance and patience because of my little break. So I'm glad I went, and I'm glad I'm back.

So, okay- I think a few things need some explanations.

No, the falling chair episode did not happen at Ikea (too bad, maybe we would've gotten something for free...just kidding...Really.) Beau was venturing through my sister's kitchen when he tripped and grabbed onto her chair to steady himself. Unfortunately the lightweight chair came tumbling down on top of him and hit his ear. It was pretty nasty looking. And I felt pretty bad it happened, even though I was just three steps away when it happened. It has gone through an array of colors now, ranging from dead to green and I'm sure yellow is just around the corner.

The same night of the chair incident, I got Beau out of bed to nurse, put him in the bed with me an promptly fell asleep. Beau, then woke up, stood up, and fell right off the bed...onto Drew. Needless to say, both started crying...and that is one account of my sleep deprivation. All other accounts are mainly due to staying up until the wee hours enjoying chatting with my sis.

Burst water lines? Two ornery dogs. Need I say more?

Tomorrow I will post some pics with some more highlights from the trip...Did I mention we actually got to feed a giraffe?

4 Comments:

Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

oh my goodness. one baby falling out of bed onto the other...that's MY LUCK, not yours! I hope you're laughing about it (and no longer crying because it makes for a great story!)

...patiently awaiting more stories!

11:45 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

I must say Beau falling onto drew made me laugh! Poor boys. Glad you are home sade and sound and enjoyed your trip!

7:45 AM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

Sounds like an interesting and fun trip, in spite of the bumps and bruises. Did the boys love feeding the giraffes? How fun!

8:31 AM  
Blogger GiBee said...

Well ... at least you didn't DROP your child like I did!!!

Ahhh --- the memories and stories you'll tell around campfires for years to come.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home