Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy Anniversary, My Love.


Six years ago, tomorrow, we got married on a clear blue day. The sun was shining, but it was still rather chilly. We chose to get married in March so we could go snowboarding on our honeymoon during my spring break from college. Consequently, I failed one of my classes that semester- I was too busy planning the wedding and swooning over my soon to be husband. We did go snowboarding on our honeymoon, four days of snowy bliss. It still remains our most memorable trip to date. Those were the days. For snowboarding, I mean. Since then, the snowboarding has declined quite a bit, (being pregnant two winters is very inconvenient) but our love has grown stronger and deeper. We appreciate and understand each other better with each passing year. We have fought for and forged so much in our marriage. We really are one. I just don't feel like myself without you. You are my supporter, my motivational speaker, my soft shoulder to cry on, my rationality, my admirer, my can-do man, my masseuse, my swift kick in the rear, my best friend, the sharer of my dreams, my dreamer, my idea guy, my fix-it man, you are my stability, my goof-ball, my rockstar, my moody musician, my sensitive manly man, my dark and handsome, more than I ever dreamed, more than I need, more than I asked for. My life is so full, so blessed, so fun, so interesting, because of you. To the end of our days, my darling, I will love you, and I can't wait to hit the slopes with you tomorrow. Love, Sarah

9 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Comhghairdeas Libh ar an Mhór Ócáid Seo

it's gaelic for congratulations on this great occasion!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Happy Anniversary! What a "Mush" but I love, love, LOVE IT!

I think mostly because I'm the same way.

Beautiful!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Addie said...

Aawww! That was beautiful! Have a great anniversary!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Daph said...

That's so sweet! Have fun playing in the snow today. :)

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
You are so articulate about all the things that matter!
Congratulations and Best Wishes.
Six years!
Cher

11:16 AM  
Blogger Muley said...

Congratulations! What a fabulous written tribute, what a great, cinematic photo! Is this guy incredibly lucky (and blessed), or what?

10:42 AM  
Blogger ... Paige said...

I love happy couples! They make the world smile

11:39 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

To all my commentors- Thank you, thank you so much for your compliments and well wishes! You are all fabulous!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

My first time reading your blog -- found you via my friend Mama C-Ta. This post was so sweet. Happy Anniversary... a little late!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home