Saturday, June 18, 2005

Saturday, the Morning Of...

So here it is, almost 6:30 a.m. and I am awake, really early for me because why? Well, because the starlings outside my window were making a racket, but actually because I am too excited about this shower! Ha! After this week, that was the last thing I thought would happen. But fortunately, and I deserve it, I must say, things have really come together nicely, and this should be a lovely shower, and I am happy about it. Just wish I could've gotten some more sleep...

Now before I forget: I have to tell you about the bees. Yes, bees. Thursday morning I was in my living room reprimanding Drew about something when he was distracted by something outside and said, "What's out der?" I thought he was just trying to change the subject because he didn't want to listen to me, but he persisted and so I looked "out der." Low and behold there was a swarm of a million bees in my backyard. Seriously. I've never seen that many bees. Of course, then Drew asks if he can go jump on the trampoline and I of course laugh and say no way! The bees seemed to be moving to the east though, which eased my mind and the days events made me quickly forget about them. A few hours later, my backdoor neighboor shows up asking if I had noticed the swarm of bees earlier. I of course said yes, and he told me he thought they were in a tree in my back yard. Turns out they didn't go as far east as I thought. He said he had called some guys to come take care of them- if they were still there. So we go check, and sure enough, there was about a 2 foot by 2 foot ball of bees in this tree! So these guys show up to take care of our little problem and they turn out to be bee-keepers and they are going to capture the bees- not exterminate them. Unfortunately while they were carefully trying to cut the branch off the tree, the last snip jolted and half the bees fell off the swarm. One of they guys got stung a couple or four times and then they had to wait aroud for about 2 hours while the rest of the bees found their way into their new hive. So, crazy story, happy ending. Thank God they're gone! I did get some pictures of this- I will post them ASAP.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home