Monday, May 15, 2006

Mother's Day Was...

Mother's Day Was...

...Hanging out with family and friends...

...Drinking iced green tea...

...Admiring the shape of my pregnant sister...

...Drew bringing me a leaf that he picked out special and saying, "Happy Mommer's Day, Mama!"...

...Going to church and hearing a poignant message...

...Having little boys bounce all over my head, sit on me, and kick me in the face while I wish I was sleeping in : )...

...Watching Drew discover that boys don't always have to wear a shirt...

...Enjoying the well thought out words of my brother-in-law to his mother...

...Enjoying a happy cry...

...Me, falling to the floor at the hand of a pickle slice...

...Watching the season finale of Survivor...

...Soaking up the heat of the day...

...Speaking with friends I haven't seen in years...

...Enjoying meals cooked by the hands of others...

...Watching Drew's reaction to Frog-eye salad...

...a bit of a scavenger hunt..

















...that ended in a nice little surprise!...

















...spending hours after the boys went to sleep looking through songs in i-Tunes...

...Keeping Beau away from the floor fan...

...Receiving a much needed neck rub...

...Realizing how blessed I am...

14 Comments:

Blogger hannersfaith said...

Oh..so I just need to have a kid to get one of those...I knew it! haha JUST JOKING....it sounds like you had a funfilled mothers day. HAPPY MAMA's DAY!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Addie said...

Mother's day sounds really nice at your house!!!

Love the Nano...I'm jealous! :D

11:49 AM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

OOOOOH! You are SO going to love that Ipod! :)

Sound like you had lots of fun.

I noticed you liked gree tea. Have you tried Starbucks blackberry green tea frapachino (sp?). It is SOOOOOOO good. I tried it two days ago and have been dreaming of it ever since.

12:24 PM  
Blogger GiBee said...

What a great mother's day!!!

12:24 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Heather-I'm SO going to have to try that...sounds really yum. Thanks for the tip : )

12:34 PM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

Sounds like you had one of those great days. You know the ones that keep you smiling even after you have fallen asleep.

2:06 PM  
Blogger RB said...

Sounds lovely!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

GASP! You got an i-pod? Dang, girl! All I got was Haagen Dazs. Although, I would have been ecstatic if he would have washed a load of dishes or something. He's not practical like I am.

12:59 AM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Rebecca- yeah, this is actually an unusual gift for my hubby to give me...I either get nothing, or something very small, and every once in a while something big like the ipod...
...the funny thing is, he was explaining that he wouldn't be able to get much for whatever holidays come up next...
...ha ha ha...
...men...
...no not practical like us...
...come on...what's $200?...really?...
(Yeah right!)

1:05 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

What blessings! I feel like I spent the day with you :)

Happy Mother's Day!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bloghopping and found your blog. I LOVE your blog and the title is sooo perfect! LOL

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

Ok, so what you are saying it "Mother's Day was WONDERFUL!"

:)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Muley said...

You are blessed. And did you get to keep the iPod?

However, I must ask -- what is "frog eye salad?" That sounds like something they might eat in a foreign country where you catch your dinner behind your house.

10:26 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Muley-yes, yes, I get to keep the iPod : )
And to be quite honest, I'm not sure exactly what frog-eye salad is. I think it is actually round pasta, mixed with marshmallows, fruit and cool whip or something like that- so it's not nearly as bad as it sounds, but it does look like you're eating a million little white eyeballs.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home