Monday, February 06, 2006

Strange Happenings in the Ladies Bathroom at Wal-Mart

So while we were in Wal-Mart this Saturday (yes I know I am crazy) Drew asked to go to the bathroom. Not one to hinder any progress at all in the potty training department, I agreed and left Beau with Kevin while Drew and I headed for the ladies bathroom. So I sit him on the toilet (with a seat protector, of course!) and we are just kind of sitting there waiting for things to happen. Then the toilet, which is the self-flushing kind, starts to flush, and I look at Drew to see how he is going to react, expecting at least for him to freak out a bit. His eyes get really big, and I know he is a little scared, but he looks at me and can see the laughter in my eyes. The toilet finishes flushing and he exclaims loudly, (everyone inside and outside the bathroom could hear, I'm sure), "THAT'S NOT VERY NICE!!!" Then I explain that it was just flushing and that it flushes all by itself. Then, the toilet flushes again, and we both start to laugh. Drew is really thinking this is pretty funny, and I haven't heard him squeal like this in quite some time, or ever, maybe. And the toilet flushes again. And we laugh even harder. At this point, I swear that somebody is watching us and controlling the toilet flushing, because it started flushing one right after the other and Drew's laughter kept getting louder and higher pitched with each flush. I was trying to quiet him down, but couldn't contain my own laughter, so nothing was helping. Finally, the flushing stopped and Drew decided he was finished (dropping no kids off at the pool, mind you.) So he hopped down and we finished our strange, but funny little excursion to the Wal-Mart bathroom.

10 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

Seth loves when it self flushes! Too funny!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

that is cute...who knew a potty could be as amusing? hehe

12:47 PM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

That's funny! Kirsten is just now starting to use the "automaticly" toilets. For the longest time she refused to use them and if we went into bathroom that had them she would start saying rather loudly, "No! No! Not these toilets they are automaticly." Trust me, it's hard to find toilets that aren't automaticly.

1:46 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

SO FUNNY! But this is why my daughter is afraid of public restrooms. Even from the time she was a tiny baby (and me being a new mom) I'd take her into the restroom to nurse her. Then the toilets flushing would just scare the crap out of her!

Needless to say, we have to be FAST!

9:44 PM  
Blogger ^starshine said...

It is always funny when these three Mom elements converge...

1. Taking a child to the bathroom.
2. A mom who can't help but laugh at her child.
3. A shopping trip to walmart.

My Mom Jr. always pushes me out of the stall and announces "I need my privacy!"

10:51 PM  
Blogger fuzzypeach said...

That's hilarious. Glad he handled it with humor and didn't freak out.

3:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so funny! I am glad Drew has a mom with a sense of humor and he has learned to look for the smile in the eyes!

I just hate those flushing potties. They are motion activated. When you apply the seat protector and then turn to be seated the toilet flushes and drags the cover down the vortex leaving your buns exposed anyway.

11:03 AM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

thanks to that very exact thing happening to Eden in the bathroom, she's terrified of going pee if it's a "loud toilet"

10:16 PM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

That is hilarious!

My 4 year old is scared to death of the self flushing toliets. As soon as he finishes he busts out of the stall as if his life depended on it. Hee hee...

I love those deep uncontrollable belly laughs. I can totally imagine it.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

That is hysterical. He didn't drop any kids at the pool but he probably loved getting his coolie sprinkles, lol.

Very funny!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home