Monday, January 16, 2006

Drew's First Prayer

Yesterday we celebrated our newest family member, Jeremiah's birthday at his parents home. As we were all gathered around the kitchen to say a dinner blessing, the normal family banter continued, prolonging our wait for dinner. Apparently Drew seemed to want to get the show on the road so he spoke up and said to all of our surprise, "Dear Jesus, thank you for this food. Amen!" I know this might be one of those instances where you would have to have been there, but I thought it was the cutest thing ever, and I was super proud of him. My son's first spontaneous prayer, no prodding from the parents! Yay!

4 Comments:

Blogger Heather Hansen said...

HOW CUTE! Seth only says, "Amen... Amen... Amen...!" Which loosely translates into, hey people I want to eat, let's get a move on!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very cute

7:34 AM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

How sweet, doesn't that just touch your heart? I love it.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Mise en Place said...

There is no prouder moment! My daughter, who just turned 5 asked to say our night time prayer.

"Dear Jesus, thank you so much for loving us and all the things you made for us. Thank you for taking away our souls....(should have been SINS.)......in Jesus name Amen!

I did giggle but was so proud of her.

I told her that she made Jesus SO happy by talking to him. That his favorite people in the whole world are kids and loves to hear from them.

I cried!

Thanks for your prayers regarding those families. :)

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home