Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Got a New Sling!

Saturday I went out to get my mail and this was in it. My new sling that I ordered from Planet Zebes!

This is how it came to me.










And this is what it looks like on.







Some nice things about this sling: I got to choose my colors. I know you can't tell, but it is purple on the inside. And it is reversible. So it matches with the majority of my clothes. It is custom fit. No rings or anything to mess around with. I can fold it up and fit it in my purse. My other sling was padded and had a big fat ring so it wasn't that "stowable." It was pretty inexpensive. So this is one of those things to go along with "babywearing." If you have a child that likes to be held all the time and you need a little extra help, one of these comes in handy. You can hold your baby in several different positions and, if you're particularly talented, (I'm not) you can even nurse your baby in one. If you are interested you should go check out Planet Zebes. The darling who HAND makes these is a mommy herself (naturally!) and is very nice to work with.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

That's it, I'm getting one from her. I have a bunch of different carriers but none that fold up all little to keep in my diaper bag. And I HOPE someday to be talented enough to nurse in one but for right now it ain't pretty when I try.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is awesome! It looks great and super comfortable! My kids were both "sling" kids till at least 9 months or so and it would have been great to have such a compact sling to take with me. I have the one that sounds like your old one and it is a pain to carry around with me. Doesn't store well at all. If I get pregnant again I just might have to purchase one of those. Thanks for the tip!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Heather Hansen said...

CUTE!

11:59 AM  
Blogger Becky Behrens said...

Someone once gave me a sling like your old one and I could never figure out how to use it. Plus it was so big and bulky. I like the look of your new one. Definetly user friendly

2:32 PM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

Very sweet how it was packaged :)

I don't have a little tiny one to carry around anymore! :(

Enjoy your baby... Soon they get too big to be carried like that... Much too soon!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

You remember the henna print one I had on at Allison's party? That would be one of hers as well. She kicks ASS!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Elaine said...

OH, and the one in my little picture to the right!

7:25 PM  
Blogger pretendingsanity said...

very cool. I love how she wrapped it!

8:27 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Jill- I will definitely let you know how it goes, so far so good!

Mama c-ta- it aint pretty when I try either, and I try not to do anything bothersome to him while he is trying to nurse since he has teeth now...(so fun NOT)

Elaine- yep, I remember! I totally made up my mind to order one when I was talking to you about them at Allison's party. Thank YOU for the tip!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very Stylish!!!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home