Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dear Drew,


You are officially four months away from turning 3!
Do you know how much I love you? I hope you do, because sometimes I worry about my ability to show you this fact. I feel like I concentrate so much on disciplining you that the love doesn't always show through. But I guess, that someday you'll know that I discipline you because I do love you so much and I want you to turn out to be a wonderful person, who everyone likes and who likes himself. All this talk about discipline may lead one to believe that you are a naughty kid. Let me just say right now, that you are a really good kid. You are just a normal two year old. Like any other two year old, you honestly believe the world revolves around you, and you are just beginning to realize that maybe this is not so true. I know, disappointing, isn't it?
You really impressed me tonight. I was reading one of those "Little Golden Books" to you. You know how they have those little pictures on the back of all kinds of different things on them. Well, you just rattled off every single object on there, one right after the other, no hesitation, and ennuciated very well I might add. Right down to, "and that's a leaf, and that's another leaf, Momma." I know every Momma's kid is brilliant, but I truly believe you are way above average. ( You can thank your father's side of the family for that, they are ALL geniuses. Yeah, well, okay, I guess I'm smart too...)
Let's see, what has been different this month, that wasn't last month? It's so hard to keep up with all your milestones. Maybe the fact that you finally counted, "One, two, three, four," instead of, "one, two, three, six." Ah yes, you have discovered your imagination this month. Spiderman is always out to get you. ( I know, why on earth would a hero be called SPIDER man?) You see monsters quite a bit and you really like to be Darth Vader. The interesting thing is that you aren't scared a one bit of any of the afore mentioned things. Which makes me think that you are aware of the fact that these things aren't real- and if you've grasped that my boy, well then, you are brilliant!



And the potty training, oh the potty training. We aren't making leaps and bounds there, but you know, maybe Einstein wasn't ever potty trained? He he. Today you actually told us you needed to go while we were in Wally-world. And, wonder upon wonders, you actually went. I'm pretty sure this is because I was not there. You would go for a stranger if he/she wasn't one of your parents. Your Gramma thinks that if she had a solid week with you, she would have you fully potty functioning at the end of the week. I believe her. Mostly because I want to. Well, no, mostly because I'd rather let her do it. Ha! There, I said it- I'm just too distracted by all my other Mom chores to really devote my time to your toilet-filling needs. So, maybe I'll get lucky and your Gramma will do all the work, or we'll just wait till I have to potty train Beau and we'll do ya both at the same time! So let's see, then you'll be...FIVE!
I'm looking forward to what the next month has in store for us with you. I can't believe what a little boy you are turning into. It is hard for me to believe that you were once an infant like Beau. Sometimes I have to remind myself that you are still just a baby though. I have a tendency to be a little hard on you, and for that I hope you'll forgive me.



I pray that your daddy and I are given the wisdom to raise you up to be a truly caring, compassionate, giving, loving, and most of all, Godly man. I love you so much!
Love, Momma

3 Comments:

Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

That was really beautiful! I can't believe my baby is turning 4 next month! :*(

Hold onto that so you can give it to your son when he's older. I'm sure he'll love it.

The photos are great - he's a handsome guy (as is your hubby!) LOL. The one where he's jumping off the slide is weird - like he's flying. LOL.

10:28 AM  
Blogger hannersfaith said...

Now..how come Drew gets the smarts from his DAD's side of the family, whats up with that. I'm taking it personally....:)jk

1:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeaaah

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home