Monday, October 03, 2005

Artful Worship in Color

Here we are with the pastor, my mom on the left, myself drawing, and sister Ariel is sitting for my mom.







Click on this photo to see more from the weekend and the artful worship....






I was faced away from the audience so they could see the creative process as I drew my mother's portrait, while she was sculpting Ariel's face. I was glad I didn't have to look at everyone, seeing that I have a little "stage fright." My mom and I were both asked questions, and I choked and couldn't think of much to say until the end of everything.



Here I am refining my piece with an eraser. At the end of it all, the message I felt God gave me, was that we need to be looking at Him, in order for Him to be able to refine our features. Hebrews 12:2 says: "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

Here is mom working on her piece. It turned out to be pretty humorous in the end which you can see a pic of in my flickr account. And maybe if you're lucky, she'll comment on that later on...check back for details....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home