Wednesday, September 28, 2005

I Don't Know Why God Made Onions Purple

So today, Alannah said, "Who's stinky?" And I said, " I don't know, is it Dominic?" and she said, "No, no body's stinky, it's your food!" (I was making Allison's slow cooker chicken curry.) And she scrunched up her nose and said, "It smells good!" Then I laughed out loud and said, "Your hilarious, Alannah!" And she said, "I am?" And then she explained that her Nana calls her "Sweat Pea" and that she is not "Herlarious."

HILARIOUS!!!

I knew there was a reason I agreed to watching my best friends kids today! Alannah is known for saying such funny stuff all the time, it would give me great fuel for my blogger fire here. Actually, we had a great day, the four kids and I. All went rather well, and I am confident I could watch four kids at the same time again. Well, these four anyways. It was very interesting for me to have a girl in my care all day. I did not realize how used to little boys I have become. I thought I knew how to deal with girls better, being the oldest of three sisters. However, though little girls aren't completely foreign to me, they are just a whole lot different than little boys! And I have become very acustomed to mothering boys. Also, it's really nice to be dealing with a child that is potty trained. I'm not so sure how well I would have dealt with four little butts in diapers today. Maybe the potty training is what makes up for all the "Why's?" I was asked why the onion (I was cutting up) was purple today. How do you answer that? So I just said, because God made it purple, and fortunately that was a good enough answer for the time being. Eventually I just stopped trying to answer every "Why." I'm not real good at explaining everything- and especially don't want to be telling my friends kids something they might not really appreciate. (Ha ha!) So I learned that it is okay to say "I don't know." And I have one last thing to add before I go to sleep, because believe me I. Am. Exhausted. Dominic was an absolute angel. I cannot imagine that kid doing an ounce of anything wrong. He's just so cute and laid back and easy. How nice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home