Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Band Wife

Yeah, so today I'm dealing with being the wife of a band-member. I'm going to complain just so I can get this off my chest. I'm okay with most of the happenings and goings on of our band, but every once in a while something really mifs me. Today it was that I learned that they booked a gig for Mother's Day in a town other than my own. (Who's the idiot who booked a show on Mother's Day in the first place?!) Somehow this gig got past me at the last meeting. Either I was out of the room or distracted (by an ever nursing child) when they made that decision. Had I been aware of it, I would have protested at that minute. Unfortunately, they have already booked it, and its too late and I just have to deal with it. It really wont be that big of a deal. It's just a worship set in the morning. I'm just upset because I feel like I wasn't asked if this was okay with me, and because I really would like to go to my own church with my own mother on Mother's Day with my whole family. Oh well, maybe I can talk my mother into traveling another 50 miles this Sunday so we can all be together that morning. I guess I should really just let it go, but you know it's the principal of the whole thing. It's Mother's Day- I'm supposed to get to be greedy and have this whole day to myself and decide what we get to do. Well, it's off my chest now- hopefully I can simmer down now and emerge from my streak of selfishness for the afternoon. I'm gonna go mop my floors. Really hard!

1 Comments:

Blogger pretendingsanity said...

awww, that sucks. I would have thrown a fit too.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home