Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Art

I finally figured out how to post pics on my blog without help from flickr. Yeah! So to celebrate, I am posting some pictures of my art. I can't post any recent ones, I need to get permission from my sitters (the people who I've drawn in the nude.) The first one is Jim and Allison of pretending.sanity I did this one at the request of Jim I believe for their 1st? anniversary. Allison will have to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry for the poor quality on this one,it is a tribute to all of us nursing mothers out there. It now belongs to my sister Hannah who is a labor and delivery nurse and one day plans to become a midwife.

The third one is a raku fired pot, I dare say one of my best. Can you believe I haven't thrown (made a pot) since I was pregnant with Drew? That amounts to I think over 3 years. Yikes! I need to get back in the saddle.

This last one is one of my favorites probably because it is the most unlike me piece I have done, being that is fairly abstract and not all detail oriented. I call it "Family Portrait".

Some of my pieces are actually up for sale, and I am also taking commissions. So if you like what you see, or see anything you like, and want to buy a piece from me or have me create something for you, let me know and we will work something out!

1 Comments:

Blogger pretendingsanity said...

I believe it was our second anniversary... I still feel so bad about your payment being stolen!

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home